August 05, 2020
API Simulator version 1.7 is here! New features and improvements make API Simulator even better:
- Support for callbacks to simulate request/acknowledge/callback message exchange pattern. Callbacks can be HTTPS or HTTP requests over the HTTP/1.1 protocol, or over HTTP/2 using any one of the three methods to connect: TLS with ALPN (Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation) extension, upgrade from HTTP/1.1, or prior-knowledge (aka direct).
- Departing from the YAML standard, API Simulator now supports backtick (
`) surrounded text to make it easier for you to configure multi-line HTTP body and other text fields without having to indent their content.
- New Template Functions for working with random data, JSON, XML, and date/time data can now be imported in simlet configurations as needed and used in templates to help with building dynamic responses.
- New parameter –
SimletCounterParameter– provides access to the value of the simlet call number, which is what Request Sequence Number Sampling uses.
- Improved logging when invalid simlet configuration is detected.
- Enhanced startup script for Windows to help with troubleshooting startup problems due to misconfiguration.
- Upgraded some of the dependencies to their latest versions.
- Bug fixes.
As usual, the documentation has more details on the new and modfied features.
We invite you to learn more about API Simulator, download and install it, and run the examples included in the download. Why not even create API simulations to help your own testing and development?
Let us know what you think at [feedback at APISimulator.com]. Many thanks for your interest and support!
Happy API Simulating!