August 05, 2020
API Simulator version 1.7 is here! New features and improvements make API Simulator even better:
- Support for callbacks to simulate request/acknowledge/callback message exchange pattern. Callbacks can be HTTPS or HTTP requests over the HTTP/1.1 protocol, or over HTTP/2 using any one of the three methods to connect: TLS with ALPN (Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation) extension, upgrade from HTTP/1.1, or prior-knowledge (aka direct).
- Departing from the YAML standard, API Simulator now supports backtick (
`) surrounded text to make it easier for you to configure multi-line HTTP body and other text fields without having to indent their content.
- New Template Functions for working with random data, JSON, XML, and date/time data can now be imported in simlet configurations as needed and used in templates to help with building dynamic responses.
- New parameter –
SimletCounterParameter– provides access to the value of the simlet call number, which is what Request Sequence Number Sampling uses.
- Improved logging when invalid simlet configuration is detected.
- Enhanced startup script for Windows to help with troubleshooting startup problems due to misconfiguration.
- Upgraded some of the dependencies to their latest versions.
- Bug fixes.
As usual, the documentation has more details on the new and modfied features.
Let us know what you think at [feedback at APISimulator.com]. Many thanks for your interest and support!
Happy API Simulating!