June 2, 2016
We are proud to announce the release of version 0.1.3 of API Simulator. API Simulator 0.1.3 includes various enhancements and improvements. Notable changes since 0.1.2 are the configurable support for TLS/SSL and improved handling of HTTP “keep-alive” connections.
API Simulator v0.1.3 Release Changes
- Various Netty channel handlers can now be inserted in the pipeline per simulation via configuration.
- Added configurable support for TLS/SSL using X.509 certificate chain and PKCS#8 private key in PEM format, run-time generated self-signed cert, or Java KeyStore in JKS Format.
- Refactored support for placeholder dependencies. The changes are backward compatible.
- Fixed a memory leak occurring in certain situations and detectable under load (yes, we do run load tests ;-).
- Added full support for persistent connections using “Connection: keep-alive”, if specified in HTTP requests.
- Added support for option to close the HTTP connection even if the client is asking for keep-alive.
- Improved handling of read timeouts. Now also with an option to close the connection in addition to the previously supported return of ‘408 Request Timeout’ response.
- Released new HttpAPIClient that is an improvement over the simple APIClient. HttpAPIClient “understands” HTTP – it closes the connection once it detects that the full HTTP response has been received.
Let us know what you think at [feedback at APISimulator.com]. Many thanks for your interest and support!
The API Simulator Team