March 23, 2018
The v0.9.0 release introduces enhancements and additions to the YAML DSL (domain-specific language) for configuring simulation simlets for the Standalone API Simulator:
- CSV (comma-separated values) data as source for parameter values. The CSV data can come from files or be embedded in the simlet’s configuration.
- SQL data store (RDBMS) as source for parameter values.
- Lists as source for parameters. The parameter’s value can be the whole list, a sublist from randomly selected items, or a single randomly picked item from the list. This can be very handy as part of Test Data Management to construct dynamic HTTP responses that contain randomly selected values.
- JSON, URL, XML, and HTML encoders for output values.
- Any parameter can now be defined once and used without duplicating its definition in request matchers as well as in building dynamic HTTP responses.
- The ‘libs’ configuration for a script executor is now optional in the YAML DSL.
Let us know what you think at [feedback at APISimulator.com]. Many thanks for your interest and support!
Happy API Simulations!