April 20, 2018
We are very pleased to announce the release of API Simulator version 1.0.0. What a milestone!
API Simulator has certainly matured well beyond the point to give it the designation of version 1.0.0. Extensive list of features and ease of use with our intuitive YAML DSL (Domain-Specific Language) make API Simulator an indispensable tool for anyone’s toolbox to model and run API Simulations.
Among the latest changes:
evalfor parameters. It allows for defining the final parameter value as result of evaluating a script expression. Now the sky is the limit when it comes to defining parameters, including dependencies between parameters.
- Added Cookie Matching and Parameters from Cookies.
- Introduced Simula Template Functions for placeholders formatting and special encoding (json, xml, html, url, base64…).
- Made Scripted Parameters and Parameters from UUID now configurable via the YAML DSL.
- Added to Embedded API Simulator operation
isMissing()as another way of saying
- Upgraded the Netty, Groovy, SnakeYAML, JSON, and Spring dependencies.
- Migrated logging to Log4j 2.
- Converted the online documentation to AsciiDoctor. Soon the documentation will have a dedicated site that is easier to navigate.
- Added “Hello, World!” example – check it out here.
- Deprecated the
simlet.yaml– no need to use them anymore, which greatly simplifies the configuration.
- Internal refactorings.
Let us know what you think at [feedback at APISimulator.com]. Many thanks for your interest and support!
Happy API Simulating!