The focus of this API Simulator v0.5.2 release is new Test Data Management (TDM) capabilities related to the generation and use of random values in API simulations. Here are the highlights:
- New random token generator makes it easy to generate random text values according to a pattern.
- New random number parameter generates a whole number within a preconfigured range.
- New random date parameter generates a date between two dates, including between now and a provided date in the future or the past.
- New parameter for a value randomly selected from a list of values.
- New value formatter for placeholders that uses printf-style format syntax.
- Refactored parameter placeholders class hierarchy to simplify it and make it easier to use.
- Fix to handle request payloads with JSON field names that contain space characters.
- Header name matching is now case insensitive.
Let us know what you think at [feedback at APISimulator.com]. Many thanks for your interest and support!